Production Design Drafter
Reports to: Engineering Manager
TruckVault, the secure in-vehicle storage Industry Leader for seeks a Production Design Drafter for our busy Engineering and Design Department using 80% Solidworks / SWOOD software & 20% Autocad
TruckVault produces all products in 3 weeks (including all custom units) and only manufacturers what is sold, allowing us to keep no stock units on hand. With over 7,000 vehicle files and more needed every month, we offer in-vehicle solutions for almost every vehicle sold in America and even some internationally. This format requires a quick turnaround in our Engineering and Design Department using CAD, SolidWorks and SWOOD to create quotes, drawings and cut lists for our paperless shop floor and specifications for every new vehicle design.
This position has good potential for career growth in all areas and necessary training will be provided as it relates to the projects/tasks. This position will Research, Design, & Engineer new products to add to the already large library of offerings and assist with daily processing when necessary. Sheet metal, structural steel, and wood products will be the core materials used and some electronics will be incorporated into the designs.
If you desire to develop and grow your skills, work in a culture of mutual respect, diversity and creativity to help design and process the very best in-vehicle secure storage, then TruckVault is for you.
This is a full-time opening with benefits package including overtime (when required), health insurance, & paid vacation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design: From napkin sketch or provided example designs
- Engineer: Responsible for going from concept to working prototype and testing
- Implement: Create all supporting documentation for manufacturing
- Create BOM’s (Bills of material in MRP program SYSPRO) For accurate costing
- Create standards, specification drawings, & quality guidelines showing expectable tolerances
- Create installation instructions for all TruckVault products using Solidworks and/or Excel
- Design TruckVault models using metal and wood components
Equipment used in this position:
Standard office equipment to include Phone, Computer, Copier, Printer. Autocad LT, Solidworks, SWOOD Word, Excel, Outlook.
Job Qualifications (Knowledge, skills, and abilities):
· Proficient in SolidWorks and CAD. Other 3D software will be considered.
· Previous experience in sheet metal, or wood products
· ERP experience is a plus
· Proficient and able to communicate with TruckVault staff in Microsoft applications including Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel
· Works well in a fast paced team environment with multiple daily interruptions
· Have the ability to work independently with little supervision
· Maintain a positive attitude, even under pressure
· Any experience with CNC machinery or programming
· 3D scanning
· Hands on skills with sheet metal / wood / cabinetry in a production environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $26.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Waiting period may apply
- Yes, occasionally